Saturday, June 23, 2007

Birthing My Monster

It has been a while since I posted anything. Time to bring you up to date on my own personal monster: the book coming out from W. W. Norton in October. I spent a couple of hours in the Norton labyrinth (read: New York offices) this week, getting the last images over to production, talking through some publicity ideas, and looking over the shoulder of the art director who is finalizing the cover design. The image you see to the right is an early version. The template remains, but cost and legalities and availability may mean that some of the nine patchwork quilt squares will be different from those shown here.

The book is on track for October publication. Anyone have a favorite bookstore that might host a signing? Be in touch via my website.

Meanwhile, the Young Frankenstein site keeps building. Now it's saying that Broadway tickets go on sale July 15.

See you there.

No comments: